Choosing an Electric Water Heater Installer
Is you electric water heater not working as it should? Are you considering having an electric water tank installed in your Pittsburgh area home?
Common Water Heater Problems
Perhaps the most common problem connected with a water heater is water that isn’t as hot as you want it to be.
This is usually caused by a faulty thermostat or a defective heating element.
Here are some basic steps to follow when your electric water heater is not making the water hot enough:
- Make sure that the power is connected. Reset the thermostat.
- Flush the heater to remove sediment from the tank.
- Insulate the hot water pipes.
- Replace the heating element or thermostat.
- Raise the temperature setting on the thermostat.
Other common problems and possible solutions
- Hissing or sizzling noises: Sediment may have collected in the tank. Drain the tank until the water clears. Soak elements in vinegar and scrape collected scale.
- Leaking pressure-relief valve: Replace valve.
- Leaking water supply pipes: Tighten the fittings. If that doesn’t work, shut off the water and replace the fittings.
If you do not feel comfortable completing any of these steps yourself, do not go it alone! Call us 24/7 at 412-219-2840! We provide both quality and affordability when it comes to repairing or replacing your hot water tank.
Finding a Quality Electric Water Heater Installer
When in doubt, contact a qualified water heater installer. When deciding on who is the best electric water tank installer for your, consider the following:
- Will the installer remove and dispose of your old water heater?
- Is replacement of your water heater an emergency? Does it need to be done within the next 24 hours?
- Does the plumber have a reputation for installing electric water heaters?
- Will the plumber provide quality service at an affordable price? Check here to learn about the average cost of installing a water heater in Pittsburgh.
To speak with an experienced electric water heater installation plumber in Pittsburgh, call 412-219-2840 now.